Sunday 22 October 2017

Community Activation

     “I know you, you know me.’ These are the words of a song that sticks in my mind. What song? What meaning? Yet, they are exactly the words to start off this article on community. If I know you and you know me, we share community. We also share mutual trust, respect, and appreciation for what I am and what you are. Community is the essence of what we do together.

     Well, our blond dog barked at the neighbour across the fence, so I knew right away that it was time to say hello again. Our dog needed to know that I knew my neighbour and all was well. The neighbour and I are part of an easily recognizable community. In fact, the community club building for the neighbourhood is about two blocks away. If we had kids, I am sure we would know our neighbourhood much better. As it is, we live in a cul-d-sac and have great relations with the immediate neighbours.

Handshake...  Wickey-nl, CC BY-SA 3.0

     My job does not involve being closeted in front of the computer; and I work in close proximity with many of my coworkers. We form a community with trust, respect, and appreciation. We know each other within the parameters of our employment.

     The term “spiritual community” seems so natural to say, yet my spiritual community has always included individuals from around the globe. They reinforce the inspirations in my life to rise higher to take my vibration another step.

     Communities abound. The quilters, the photographers, the hockey fans, the union, the computer group, and more! Each rallies individuals around a theme that promotes trust, respect, and appreciation. In our ever-expanding awareness and ever-shrinking world, the reach of many communities now extends into global consciousness. As members with a spiritual element, we have the opportunity to bring our example of conscious living to each of the venues of differing communities to which we belong. Through our own joy, happiness, contentment, peace, and love, we are the channels for a better way. Our next step would be to recognize and activate ourselves as the examples of the way forward for anyone who would join with us in community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I appreciate your comments and perceptions on spirituality, divine light, and crystals and look forward to hearing about your experiences. love and light.....